Saturday, January 23, 2010

Preparing to start all over again....

Well, I am sitting here on a Saturday morning feeling like things are pretty normal - a pretty typical Saturday morning.
I woke up with Max for his normal 5:00AM feeding and put him back to bed. I then went straight into the office early this morning to catch up on some work - I feel much better if I can get things a little organized for the week to come. I got home in time to see Cooper as he was waking up and currently Max and Mommy(Sam) are getting their much needed rest upstairs. I expect Max to be waking up soon all ready to rock and roll for the morning! So, a pretty typical, somewhat boring Saturday morning. But these days, boring is just fine. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster for Samantha. I think the anxiety is building for next week, as it is Sam's second treatment on Tuesday. I can't believe it has already been three weeks. I think the first one was difficult, because it was the unknown of what was going to happen and how she was going to react. I think this time it is equally as hard, because she knows exactly what is going to happen and exacly how she is going to react. Sam has done amazingly well, considering everthing she is going through. She certainly has her ups and downs, but who can blame her. She is so tough and strong spirited, I am in awe of her every day! I am overwhelmingly in love with my wife and not shy about sharing it in such a forum. (Sorry Sam - I know you did not want these blogs to get too personal). She is an inspiration to me and is setting a wonderful example for our children. Someday we will be able to reflect on this "Lump" in the Road and be able to teach our children that there is nothing they cannot overcome. I think we are stronger as a family because of these unfortunate circumstances and I think I will become a better father and husband as a result of it. If there is anything we can take away from this as a positive, that is certainly near the top of the list.
So, as next week quickly approaches, we will enjoy the last few days of boredom before we start the roller coaster all over again!

5 comments:

  1. I am another side line watcher of the situation and have a family member walking in similar shoes. Sandy "a man" and Sandra "his wife" are traveling the same route of the shocking knowledge of cancer in his spine and sternum. He is home now taking treatments and out patient PT and my sister has left her home in Tn. to help with his recovery. Things are going well and Sandra's employer has been supportive in allowing her to adjust her hours so she is available to take him for his treatments. Some
    employers are not as willing to adjust but so thankful for Southwest Airlines being so understanding. Try to remember when you need a plane ride to consider this fine line.
    Will continue to lift your family along with mine up to the Lord's healing place in the days ahead. Wayne & my husband go all the way back to the 1950's so this is like praying for our own family. God is good even when we don't see the future. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,Tad & boys-we love you and you are in our prayers!! Alta & Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our prayers every night--The Prices

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, Tad and boys. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Wish we were up there to help. I will keep up on everything with this blog page.Love Dona, Daryl ,and kids (Your Aunt Carolyn's daughter in florida)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dears Sam and Tad,
    I was so touched reading all your news but I know that you are both going to be just fine. Sam, you are a strong and positive person and will beat this. Being used to constantly giving to others and helping them, now just be kind to yourself and get all the rest you need. Be selfish (if you even know what that means:-)...you deserve all the pampering there is. Nicole and I both miss you!! Nicole drives now and is a busy young lady. Hugs and lots of love. Asma.

    ReplyDelete